Wednesday, September 10, 2014

DID YOU KNOW VIDEO

Today in class we watched a video called Did You Know. The video was talking about the future and some predictions that people think will happen with technology and pretty much things in life. One fact was that China will become the number one English speaking country. I thought that was really interesting and kinda crazy. I thought it was crazy because I always thought that the US was the number one English speaking country. The percentage already is high, but since China motivates everyone to always continue to learn English, it all makes sense. Also, their will be many more job opportunities than people from China who only speak Chinese. Another fact is that schools are preparing students for jobs that don't even exist yet. I thought that was weird because I thought why would they do that? Since so much can change in only a year, it's necessary. The technology is already so advanced, it will be even more advanced in the future. Another thing I thought was interesting was that if Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest behind China and India. I know that Facebook is kind of outdated to my generation and Twitter and Instagram are very popular and used way more. Reading that statement is crazy because imagine if Twitter or Instagram was a country, there would be billions of people in that country. It's extreme to think about how powerful social media is and what it could do in the future. Technology is going to change the world very soon, but I think that it already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment