Saturday, September 20, 2014

World Statistics

Yesterday in class, we learned about some of the world's statistics. Some of the ones I learned I was really surprised about. Like the fact that the U.S. is number 18 in the most obese country. I'm not trying to say anything bad, but it just seems the U.S. would be a much smaller number in ranking. I say this because our diet is not as good as it should be. We eat a lot of red meat and fried food. That's one reason why I thought it would go up. Also, how the younger generation isn't as active as it used to be. Like in the old days, kids rode their bikes to school and anywhere they really wanted or needed. That's another reason that it didn't make as much sense as I thought. Maybe it did go up because the date that was updated was in like 2008. There are so many interesting world statistics. One I thought was different was that Vatican City was the smallest country in the world. I didn't even know it was considered a county. Also, how Monaco is a very successful county because of its wealth and the diet people have that live there and visit there. I really want to visit it there one day. There was another county named Chad that seemed to be ranked pretty poorly in some categories. Like where the diet wasn't good, and how people starve which is absolutely terrible. I'm hoping that it can rank in better places and that the country can get better in every way and be more developed. The life expectancies were interesting too. The ranking number for the U.S. is 94 out of every other country in the world. Our birth rate is much higher because people just aren't having many babies they used to. The country with the lowest death rate is Quatar. I'm not so sure where Quatar is in the world, but I'm thinking it may be located in the or near the Middle East. All these statistics show drastically how much the world changes each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment