Monday, November 17, 2014

Cultural Geography - new chapter

Today in class, we started a new unit since we are now done with political geography and we are moving on. The new chapter is called cultural geography. Which I think we are going to learn about different religions and ethnic backgrounds. We might even take a look at all of our different heritages and ethnicities. I think that would be a cool thing to discover one class because we could learn a lot of different things about each of our families. We could also get to know each other as a class better. I know since I have a pretty interesting background that when you look at someone, you could've never guessed that they were from that part of the world or that their families came from that particular country. Even religions could be different also like maybe there are people in everyone's family with different religions. I understand that because my dad's family is a totally different religion and it isn't that close to Christianity. My mom is Catholic but my grandfather was Methodist so she had that sort of relation too. My dad's family is much different because he is Muslim and that is very different from being Catholic. Some people say that it really isn't much different, but I honestly don't think that because there are so many differences. I don't know it's just learning about culture, there are so many things you can find out about other people and maybe how their life is different from your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment